Trump Pardons & the Celebrity Penitentiary Choo Choo?
December 18, 2020 / NYC Neighborhoods / News Analysis & Opinion / Gotham Buzz NYC.
Donald Trump is reportedly scheming how to pardon all of his seemingly criminal-like cronies and family members. He appears to want to do that without it appearing to be so, by hiding them in a massive pardon that includes innocents.
This is not unlike the approach taken in the film entitled Jack Reacher, where a criminal executes a half dozen people in a Pittsburgh park, in order to hide the motive for assassinating the intended target, so that authorities wouldn't dig deeper into the case to find out what was really going on. But Jack Reacher, a former army investigator, is not so easily fooled.
In a similar manner Trump - ever the deceitful con man - will try to hide his self serving use of America's presidential pardons to get his seemingly criminal-like cronies - including many family members and friends - off the hook for crimes they may possibly [likely?] committed.
My early and incomplete GUESSES for pardons for possibly committing federal crimes include:
1) Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, who is a decades long Trump crony, for god-knows-what, as he's been quiet the whole four years. But it's worth noting that Ross's department was one of the first named in the hack attack by the Russians after Trump fired DHS Security guru Krebs, and Ross has had a long history of relations with Russian Oligarchs, which include suspicion of possible money laundering efforts. Lastly Ross was adept at finagling Trump out of complex financial messes [aka bankruptcies] for decades - which Ross is rumored to have done using Russian Oligarch money.
According to a January 30, 2019 NJ.com report,
"... U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross['s] ... labyrinth of Russian bank ties may have paid off Trump's five bankruptcies when no U.S. bank would..."
2) Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner & Wendi Deng [who is the ex-wife of Rupert Murdoch of Fox News] for possibly being intermediaries in the 2016 election between Trump and Putin [click for story that includes other names] and Kushner was the liaison for a possibly illegal campaign collusion with Kanye West, and Kushner is reported to have set up an LLC where about $700 million of Trump campaign money went [was laundered?].
3) Rudy Giuliani for allegedly using his relationship to Trump to enrich himself [influence peddling] and using the State Department to obtain dirt or allegations of dirt on Biden.
- CLICK here to read the rest of our report on our guesses on what other pardons will be granted by Donald Trump while he's still president.
Trump Pardons & the Celebrity Penitentiary Choo Choo?
December 18, 2020 / NYC Neighborhoods / News Analysis & Opinion / Gotham Buzz NYC. Continued.
4) Betsy DeVos' brother Erik Prince former CEO of Blackwater and currently head of a HONG KONG equity based research firm Frontier Resource Group for possibly all kinds of shenanigans, including allegedly working to develop a backwater channel with Putin in 2016.
5) Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao [how corrupt is Mitch McConnell and his wife?] who, perhaps legally, seemed to sell us out to the Chinese [they now have more naval battle ships]. In May of 2020 Trump replaced an Inspector General investigating Chao's work, with someone vetted by Chao's husband, Mitch McConnell the Senate Republican Mouse Majority Leader.
6) Ben Carson for reportedly giving Trump's sycophantic friend Fox News Sean Hannity improved terms and interest rates on a multi-million dollar package between HUD and Hannity real estate shell corporation(s) [enriching friends, but probably legally], and
7) Roger Stone and Michael Flynn have already been pardoned for alleged mischief with Russian interference in the 2016 election and thereafter. And Paul Manafort is expected to receive a pardon, even though he's already been released from prison on CoVid concerns.
Pay attention and you will see this play out in the last month of the blowhard billionaire's Make America Suck [For the First Time] presidency.
Dirty Mouthed Mobster Don Seems Worthy of his Own Epithets
Trump said he'd clean the swamp. And anyone who believes that today is either a totally naive rube or a believer of the incredible stream of distorted, omission prone, spin factor, fake 'news' coming out of Australian born billionaire Rupert Murdoch's propaganda machine which includes Fox News, the NY Post, the Wall St. Journal and occasionally other outlets he controls.
Pardon me. I'm still working through some of my anger management issues toward that slimeball, sleazeball, scumbag president and his cronies. I use those terms because the Donald likes to use these monikers on other people. Thus, it seems only fitting to use them on him - as he is not guilty of anything - if not projecting his bad qualities onto others.
For example in an April 13, 2018 report in the Atlantic Trump calls former FBI Directors James Comey a "Slimeball". In an October 24, 2019 report in the New Yorker, they quote a Trump tweet which called the Never Trump Republicans "human scum". In a January 22, 2020 report on Real Clear Politics, Trump calls Congressman Jerry Nadler a "Sleazebag". I, for one, will not miss the slimiest, sleaziest, scummiest president our nation has ever had - who promised his knuckle headed supporters that he would "clean up the swamp". Al Capone would not only have done a better job, he would have spoken with more dignity.
There are only 33 more days left to the disastrous, demagogic, democracy-destroying Dysfunctional Presidency of Donald J. Trump.
Enjoy your weekend.